Saturday, April 17, 2010

Shamone!!

It has been one heck of a week. From a 5 day cruise, to hanging out in San Diego and ending it all with some head boggling, stomach churning, exhilarating rides at Six Flag's Magic Mountain.

The cruise. Our boat was the Carnival Elation, and according to other peeps on the cruise, it wasn't a big boat, compared to other Carnival boats. It being my first cruise, I really had nothing to compare it to. One thing I really do love about the cruise and the only thing I anticipated for was the all you can food buffets, and my rating on the food? I give it 3 out of 5 stars. Although it was all you can eat, the quality of choices lacked a lot. I didn't get any smoked salmon?
The cruise stopped in Cabo Mexico for 2 days. Honestly, Cabo was alright, but the highlight on shore was renting scooters and cruising around town. Imagine 13 scooters zooming through town, if that's not an intimidating sight, I don't know what is ;)





So let's just get to the main question that is on most of your minds. Since this was an LDS singles cruise, most of you are asking if I found my future wife, and to answer the question, I don't know. I met some great ladies, but, how could one know in just a day or two. You know what I mean? But no, I didn't hook up with anyone.
I hate to cut the cruise stories short, I guess I just don't remember a lot things that happened, but I met some great people, and seeing Russ get hypnotized and do some crazy things you wouldn't imagine him ever doing, was hilarious. Let's just say he could have a future in being a chip and dale dancer. I was skeptical about hypnotism, but I might be a believer now.
The cruise overall was fun, but I think it could have been better. Next time, it will be one with multiple destinations, and maybe I will get my smoked salmon.

Post cruise. Spending time in San Diego was a blast. Checking out Old Town (ok, maybe not Old Town) to hanging out at the tide pools, and spending the rest of the evening in La Jolla. Good friends, good times and lame amateur Parkour tricks, let's just say we easily amused ourselves.






On our second day offshore we headed up to Six Flag's Magic Mountain, there's really nothing magical about it, but the rides were a killer. Tackling thrill rides like X2, Viper, Tatsu, Deja Vu, Goliath and many others. As a treat for you and Mr. Egge, who really enjoyed this video, here is me on the X2 ride, make sure your sound is turned on.



No comments:

Post a Comment