Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Watch out open road

I finally did it. What has been all talk for years, has become a reality.

Last weekend has been pretty crazy. I went to take a motorcycle class and to be honest I had no desire to go, but since it was already paid for, why not just try it out. I have always been interested in riding motorcycles, but when it came close to taking the class I was nervous. I have never been on a motorcycle before and was afraid I would either break the bike or my leg.

For class we practiced on a Honda CB125. They were built in the 70's for the goverment with the purpose to teach people how to ride motorcycles. They were pretty fun. I am happy to tell you that I did pass the riding test with 90% and am now endorsed.

I felt like I was in a relationship that was moving way too fast. Before I knew, I was on a hunt for my own bike. So Tuesday, I went out and purchased my first motorcycle. I found a 1985 Honda Rebel 250. Yes, it may not be the fastest bike, but at this point, I don't need to be tempted in going faster then I should. This is a perfect starter bike. Isn't she pretty? It only had 5000 miles for a 1985 bike.

1 comment: